By Darrell J. Fasching,Dell deChant,David M. Lantigua
- A completely revised and elevated new version of this renowned textbook, but keeps the original narrative-style process which has proved such a success with students
- Considers the ways that historic tales from various religions, comparable to the Bhagavad Gita and the lives of Jesus and Buddha, have supplied moral orientation within the sleek world
- Updated to mirror contemporary discussions on globalization and its impression on cross-cultural and comparative ethics, monetary dimensions to ethics, Gandhian traditions, and international ethics in an age of terrorism
- Expands insurance of Asian religions, quest narratives, the non secular and philosophical method of ethics within the West, and considers chinese language impacts on Thich Nhat Hanh’s Zen Buddhism, and Augustine’s Confessions
- Accompanied through an instructor’s handbook (coming quickly, see www.wiley.com/go/fasching) which indicates tips to use the publication together with modern films
Read or Download Comparative Religious Ethics: A Narrative Approach to Global Ethics PDF
Best religious studies books
Written by means of across the world popular students, this better half maps the ethical teachings of the world’s religions, and likewise charts new instructions for paintings within the box of spiritual ethics. Now to be had in paperback, it is a wealthy source for figuring out the ethical teachings and practices of the world’s religions comprises exact discussions of matters in ethical conception deals large therapy of the world’s significant spiritual traditions, together with Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, chinese language religions and African religions Compares the ways that the religions supply assets for addressing present ethical demanding situations in parts akin to ecology, economics, international dynamics, non secular conflict, human rights and different issues.
Who was once Jesus? it's a query that has been requested and responded again and again and in lots of methods all through historical past. yet for you to even start addressing this question, the individual of Jesus has to be positioned in historic and legendary context. as soon as this is often performed, a few actually surprising solutions emerge. here's a guy who used to be purpose upon constructing the dominion of God in the world in his personal lifetime, a progressive chief with education within the mystical traditions of Egypt who might accept not anything below following within the footsteps of King Solomon, the pharaohs and the gods themselves.
Rethinking faith and literature in a chain of chapters by means of major foreign students, studying the Abrahamic Faiths opens up a discussion among Jewish, Christian, Islamic and Post-Secular literary cultures. Literary experiences has absorbed faith as one other interdisciplinary mode of inquiry with no continually getting to its multifacted capability to query ideologically impartial readings of tradition, trust, emotion, politics and inequality.
Within the present weather, and in an age of accelerating hostility in the direction of faith and the research of faith, spiritual schooling is a much-debated sector. Bringing jointly an interdisciplinary staff of members from the us, Britain and eire, and Australia, representing a number of non secular views, Does spiritual schooling topic?
- Our Journey of Hope: Milestones Along the Way 1927 - 2012
- Divided by Faith and Ethnicity: Religious Pluralism and the Problem of Race in Guatemala (Religion and Society)
- American Misfits and the Making of Middle-Class Respectability
- Wendell Berry and the Cultivation of Life: A Reader's Guide
- Newman and the Alexandrian Fathers: Shaping Doctrine in Nineteenth-Century England (Changing Paradigms in Historical and Systematic Theology)
- Faith and Philosophy of Hinduism
Extra resources for Comparative Religious Ethics: A Narrative Approach to Global Ethics
Comparative Religious Ethics: A Narrative Approach to Global Ethics by Darrell J. Fasching,Dell deChant,David M. Lantigua