By William S. Pintz,Hermina Morita
This ebook files the socio-environmental context and early historical past of Hawaii's try and replacement renewable power resources and effort potency measures for oil imports. It identifies components of coverage formula the place fresh strength suggestions have been potent and components the place the state's coverage technique was once both beside the point or restricted by way of political or institutional factors.
Although Hawaii's fresh power Initiative is a distinct partnership, formulated to fulfill Hawaii's particular wishes and assets, the coverage strategy addressed difficulties which are universal open air the country. whereas the case examine consists of fresh strength regulations, some of the matters are acceptable to public coverage improvement subject matters in different sectors. Examples of those "general curiosity" coverage issues include:
• knowing how the political and socioeconomic weather may well effect coverage assumptions
• formulating a regulatory and criminal framework for tracking coverage compliance
• designing and knowing the consequences of subsidy and tax-incentive policies
• handling conflicts with rules in different sectors;
• addressing the pursuits of present and destiny stakeholders;
• growing recommendations for public session and knowledge dissemination;
• utilizing exterior services from govt organizations, educational associations and personal consultants;
• designing functionality and evaluate metrics for measuring progress.
The e-book is meant to be used in graduate and senior undergraduate classes facing the formula, implementation and influence of public coverage. It additionally presents researchers concerned about the improvement and implementation of unpolluted power with a consultant to the hurdles prone to be encountered in relocating innovation from the technical sphere to the sensible genuine international and the way to beat them. specialist policymakers could benefit from an instance of a procedure to create a conceivable fresh strength policy.
Read Online or Download Clean Energy from the Earth, Wind and Sun: Learning from Hawaii's Search for a Renewable Energy Strategy PDF
Similar energy physics books
Contemporary traits within the situation tracking of Transformers displays the present curiosity in exchanging conventional concepts utilized in energy transformer situation tracking with non-invasive measures comparable to polarization/depolarization present dimension, restoration voltage size, frequency area spectroscopy and frequency reaction research.
This e-book provides key fresh advancements in biofuel coverage, items, procedures, patents and cutting edge applied sciences. It provides numerous case reviews, which maximize reader insights into how cutting edge eco-friendly power applied sciences could be carried out on an commercial scale, with illustrations, photographs and new ways.
Protecting technical layout and development features in addition to monetary research and threat evaluate, this expert reference paintings offers a complete review of solar energy expertise. even if you've a expertise historical past, this crucial consultant may help you to appreciate the layout, development, monetary research, and chance overview of solar energy know-how.
Das Buch behandelt das Thema Wasserstoff als wichtigen Sekundärenergieträger für erneuerbare Primärenergien. Es gibt einen Überblick über den Stand der Technik und das Entwicklungs- und Marktpotential in den Bereichen Energietechnik, cellular, stationäre und moveable Anwendung, unterbrechungsfreie Stromversorgung sowie chemische Industrie.
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- The Impact of Nuclear Power on the Public: The American Experience: Sonder-Vortragsveranstaltung der Klasse für Natur-, Ingenieur- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften ... Akademie der Wissenschaften)
- Energies renouvelables marines: Etude prospective à l'horizon 2030 (French Edition)
- Black Sea Energy Resource Development and Hydrogen Energy Problems (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security)
- Conceptualizing Germany’s Energy Transition: Institutions, Materiality, Power, Space
Additional info for Clean Energy from the Earth, Wind and Sun: Learning from Hawaii's Search for a Renewable Energy Strategy
Clean Energy from the Earth, Wind and Sun: Learning from Hawaii's Search for a Renewable Energy Strategy by William S. Pintz,Hermina Morita