By Nora Berend
Read or Download Christianization and the Rise of Christian Monarchy: Scandinavia, Central Europe and Rus' c.900–1200 PDF
Similar european history books
The Dutch insurrection opposed to Spanish rule within the 16th century used to be a formative occasion in ecu background. The Origins and improvement of the Dutch riot brings jointly in a single quantity the newest scholarship from major specialists within the box, to light up why the Dutch revolted, the way in which occasions opened up and the way they received independence.
The Trotula used to be the main influential compendium on women's medication in medieval Europe. Scholarly debate has lengthy occupied with the normal attribution of the paintings to the mysterious Trotula, acknowledged to were the 1st girl professor of drugs in 11th- or twelfth-century Salerno, simply south of Naples, then the major middle of clinical studying in Europe.
This antiquarian ebook includes the fourth instalment of the ultimate episode within the extraordinary d'Artagnan Romances, “The guy within the Iron Mask”. Thirty-five years after the occasions of the final episode, the recognized foursome develop into divided after they locate themselves on opposing aspects in a fierce fight for strength that threatens to undermine the younger king and revolutionise the French monarchy.
First released in 1932, this booklet seems to be at a interval that has frequently been considered a time of common decline within the so much attribute gains of medieval civilisation. whereas acknowledging decline in lots of parts in this interval — the facility of the Church, feudalism, guilds, the Hanseatic League, the autonomy of cities and the tip of the 2 Roman empires — the writer argues that there has been additionally symptoms of improvement.
- Marking the Jews in Renaissance Italy: Politics, Religion, and the Power of Symbols
- The Culture of the Seven Years' War: Empire, Identity, and the Arts in the Eighteenth-Century Atlantic World
- The Oxford Handbook of Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe and Colonial America (Oxford Handbooks)
- From Reich to State: The Rhineland in the Revolutionary Age, 1780–1830 (New Studies in European History)
- American Jewry and the Re-Invention of the East European Jewish Past (New Perspectives on Modern Jewish History)
Additional info for Christianization and the Rise of Christian Monarchy: Scandinavia, Central Europe and Rus' c.900–1200
Christianization and the Rise of Christian Monarchy: Scandinavia, Central Europe and Rus' c.900–1200 by Nora Berend