By Brad Jersak
Weil, a philosopher-activist-mystic from France, was once the Christian mystic who refused to hitch the Church yet however, motivated the Vatican II popes together with her radical openness.
George supply, one in every of Canada's most sensible 3 thinkers, as soon as stated that subsequent to the 4 Gospels, Weil was once his maximum authority.
This e-book is a sequence of essays in political theology, exploring a few of their key issues and the way their paintings inter-relates.
This ebook explores intensive, for the 1st time, how their 'theology of consent' informs their political philosophy and a public ethic of the Cross.
Table of Contents
Preface / 1
Part 1 – SIMONE WEIL: crimson VIRGIN
1. Simone Weil: George Grant’s Diotima / 5
2. levels of Weil’s Mystical Ascent / 19
3. Competing Conceptions of God in Biblical faith / 49
Part 2 – GEORGE supply: purple TORY
4. furnish and the Matrix: advanced of Ideologies / 71
5. furnish and the Matrix: discussion companions / 75
6. discovering His Voice: Conversion to Lament / 83
Part three – DIVINE CONSENT
7. Wrath and Love as Divine Consent / 109
Abbreviations / 123
Bibliography of assets Consulted / 127