By David A. Bender
Amino Acid Metabolism, 3rd Edition covers all features of the biochemistry and dietary biochemistry of the amino acids. beginning with an summary of nitrogen fixation and the incorporation of inorganic nitrogen into amino acids, the booklet then info different significant nitrogenous compounds in micro-organisms, vegetation and animals. Contents contain a dialogue of the catabolism of amino acids and different nitrogenous compounds in animals, and the microbiological reactions inquisitive about liberate of nitrogen gasoline again into the ambience. Mammalian (mainly human) protein and amino acid specifications are thought of intimately, and the tools which are used to figure out them.
Chapters ponder person amino acids, grouped in response to their metabolic foundation, and discussing their biosynthesis (in vegetation and micro-organisms for people that are nutritional necessities for human beings), significant metabolic roles (mainly in human metabolism) and catabolism (again more often than not in human metabolism). there's additionally dialogue of regulatory mechanisms for a lot of these metabolic pathways, and of metabolic and genetic ailments affecting the (human) metabolism of amino acids.
Throughout the e-book the emphasis is at the dietary significance of amino acids, integration and regulate of metabolism and metabolic and different disturbances of relevance to human biochemistry and health.
- Completely revised version of this finished textual content overlaying all of the most up-to-date findings in amino acid metabolism research
- Written by way of an expert within the field
- Covers new advances in structural biology
- Clear illustrations of all buildings and metabolic pathways
- Full checklist of advised extra interpreting for every bankruptcy and bibliography of papers pointed out within the text
Read or Download Amino Acid Metabolism PDF
Similar biochemistry books
This renowned account of the historical past of ferment takes the reader on a desirable trip from its imprecise origins in medieval medication and alchemy to the fashionable proposal of the enzyme. throughout the nineteenth century, the query of the character of the ferment resulted in an extended and sour clash among those who believed in an important strength unusual to the residing telephone and people who sought for a extra chemical rationalization.
Within the Protein Protocols instruction manual, i've got tried to supply a cross-section of analytical strategies familiar for proteins and peptides, therefore offering a benehtop handbook and consultant either if you are new to the protein chemistry laboratory and for these extra verified employees who desire to use a method for the 1st time.
Mechanisms of Saccharide Polymerization and Depolymerization makes a speciality of the function that quite a few enzymes attached with sucrose play in controlling its focus within the plant mobile. This e-book discusses the reactions desirous about the formation of lipid-linked saccharides. geared up into 30 chapters, this booklet begins with an summary of the influence of amphomycin at the move of radioactivity from mannosyl-phosphoryl-dolichol to lipid-linked oligosaccharides and from lipid-linked oligosaccharides to glycoproteins.
This booklet makes a speciality of the improvement and functions of useful nucleic acid-based detection equipment within the context of nutrients defense. supplying a finished assessment of nucleic acids detection strategy in meals defense for pros and individuals of the general public attracted to this sector, the publication is split into elements.
- Molecular Genetics in Fisheries
- The Pentose Phosphate Pathway
- Histamine and Histamine Receptors in Health and Disease (Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology)
- Metabolic Pathways: Second Edition of Chemical Pathways of Metabolism
- Molecular Mechanisms of Metal Toxicity and Carcinogenesis (Developments in Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry)
- Biomarkers in Heart Disease (American Heart Association Clinical Series)
Additional resources for Amino Acid Metabolism
Amino Acid Metabolism by David A. Bender